Tuesday, July 10, 2012

No Sew Pillows

I went neutral with the larger pieces of the tv room re-do. This way I could switch out the colors easily. One of the easiest ways to add or change color to any room is with an pillows. So I was determined to learn to sew to do this. After all, how hard can it be?  I can sort of sew a straight line when I scrap book so a pillow should be managable right?  One would think so, right? WRONG! So I found an awesome no sew project with upcycled pillows that I already had on hand. The only cost was the fabric, which was on sale. For both pillows I spent less than 20.00 and if you have priced pillows lately you know that is a steal.  This is the link to the idea that I found on pinterest. No sew Pillows

I started with pillows that I already had on hand and they were about 19 x 19 and one yard of fabric.

I laid out the fabric and put the pillow in the middle.



Folded the  fabric over on the top and bottom.


I used safety pins to attach. These pillows are going on a bench to basically just add a pop of color. If I were using them on a couch I WOULD NOT use safety pins. You could either use more fabric or use stitch witchery and iron the fabric together and slip the pillow in.


Grab the ends and fold in ...kind of like a diaper.


Pull each side in to the midle




Tie into a knot. I didn't have enough fabric to make a double knot so I went with just one and I love it.




The original blog shows the pillow turned around but I love it with the knot showing.



This is the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment