Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Accepting the "Crooked Picture" Adventure

So I have tried blogging before. I tried blogging primarily based on my love of scrapbooking. But since I am not the most regular scrapbooker on the planet, I just got off track. So over the course of a couple years I blogged about 2 dozen times and most entries began with..."wow, I can't believe how long it's been".  I fancy myself to be slightly more original than that and yet I wasn't.

I have recently become a Pinterest stalker and have let myself escape into new areas of creativity...like painting furniture and doing some DIY projects.  THAT has led me to embrace the idea of blogging again.  So I am going to try this again and not limit myself to topic...like scrapbooking. Today I am blabbering, next time maybe it's something I have cooked or baked, or a project, a book I have read, or make up or shoes or whatever randomness is coursing through my brain.

I would definately forewarn you of a few things. I love the idea of beautiful, perfectly styled home. Mine, however, is not that!  I have a REAL home, with REAL kids, REAL problems, and REALISTIC budgets. I tend to read blogs that seem to encompass the perfect house, perfect degree of tidiness, perfect, PERFECT, PERFECT!!  When I walk away I shake my head thinking....."they don't really live like that". So this is not a blog that is going to be filled with a "Martha Stewart" mentality. I like getting ideas from her but sometimes I just want to choke on the perfection of it all. I was walking around my house today, wondering want task would I take on and what would I leave for another day, when I noticed a crooked picture. I tried to fix it but just can't get the stupid thing straight. So I left it....collective gasp here....it's not going to kill anyone and it doesn't make me a bad person or bad mom, wife or housekeeper. It just means I don't define myself by that picture being straight. Thus, the title for this blog.

So with new vigor and lots of ideas floating around in my head I am going to embark on this lifestyle blog.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment